Sunday 6 April 2014

No clue...

I have no idea what I want to be any more. I went from being quite career orientated to just wanting an easy life. This doesn't mean I lack ambition, I am writing a book at present and nothing would please me more to get it out there - and in some way shape or form I believe that I will.

As a career though, I don't think I am interested in climbing any ladders, I recently read "the trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat". I don't totally believe that is true, there are many successful people with ethics that do well in the race, but I have seen so many, including myself, get hurt. I have worked in the events and music industry, the third sector and finally found I was at my happiest when I was working with animals and yet I still want to stay at the bottom, no ambition to climb any higher.

I am as happy as I have been in a long time. I am thirty five, nearly thirty six and it was only a year or so ago that I met a lovely man I think I am going to spend the rest of my life with. I am on the lowest wage I have ever been on (minimum in fact) and that is a struggle I won't deny. But honestly if I could work part time, make jam, garden, look after my animals and write my book I would be chuffed to pieces. What has happened to me? Well whatever it is, I like it!

We all need to make more time for each other and for ourselves. We need to stop getting hung up on what we think we should be and just focus on what we enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I too want to work part-time, garden and look after my animals. I'm not writing a book but I have plenty to read that's for sure and I could work on a blog of my own! The jam making I might have to pass on - I only really like homemade strawberry jam and cooking isn't my strong point - though I'm working on it. ;-) x
    p.s. I hope you have found a good man who is a keeper. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of lady :) Work on your blog and let me know what the address is so I can follow! How many animals do you have? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) If I do start a blog you will be the first to know. Only you, I shan't be telling my friends and family! I don't know if I will or not, I am a great procrastinator! I avidly kept a diary from the age of twelve til I was about twenty-five so it is something I enjoy but we'll see ... I also still work full-time and have a lot going on in my life right now blah, blah, blah ... See excuses, excuses! ;-)
    I have four animals, a crazy dog and three ageing cats. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! If you do start you don't need to tell anyone (apart from me) it starts to get a little addictive, I have to stop myself so I don't bore people too much :) Lovely animal family you have there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yes they are a lovely animal family :) and have kept me sane in a year when my life has changed out of all recognition.
    Keep on writing the blogs, I really enjoy reading them and who knows, one day I may reciprocate .... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete