Tuesday 24 June 2014

Don't give up, ever.

I am really writing this for my own benefit.

This is a reminder to not give up, ever. Things can be hard, you can be tired and in pain but it's always for a reason. You have to have the bad and hard times else when would you know things are good? Without bad there is no contrast and all you get is, well... times.

I recently became a safehouse to a little cat that had been seized by the RSPCA. He was emaciated, matted, old, full of flu, yet he never gave up. He had 15 years of struggling through life to finally get to the latter part and find someone who would love him forever and would make sure he would never be hungry again. He amazes me because his strength of spirit got him through, he is one of the funniest and happiest chaps I have met.

One of my other cats Poppy Pickle was the same, a victim of bonfire night when she came into my life she was burnt, starved, could barely use her back legs and yet was so full of life.

Animals can teach us a lot. They live for the day, they have hope for the future, they remind me to have hope for my future.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, another blog that rings true with me.
    Great to hear that the little cat has finally found someone to care for him however late in life. Is he going to become a permanent member of your animal family or are you 'just' a foster mum? So glad he is finally loved. Animal abuse and neglect makes me so angry and upset and I cannot comprehend how people can do it. My fifteen year old cat died a fortnight ago. I was heartbroken but she died in my arms, didn't suffer until the very end and had an absolutely lovely life so for that I'm truly thankful. Still wish she was back with me though.
    I'm sorry to hear you're not well and hope you're not in too much pain :-( I have a Faceboook friend who often uses the phrase 'keep on keeping on' and that's indeed what we all have to do against all odds. So stay strong and don't give up. Take good care of yourself. The future is bright (honest) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am so sorry, I'm not sure why I have only just read this? How are you? I am so sorry to hear about your cat, as you say she had a lovely life with you, she was loved, what could anyone else ask for? It's never easy though. Yes the little man is going to stay here for the rest of his days. He is a tonic, albeit quite a smelly one :-) Much love to you, lovely to hear from you as always xxx

    ReplyDelete